Residence Life FAQ - Missouri Baptist University (Mobap)

Students, register now for Welcome Weekend 2024!

We welcome all of your Residence Life questions. If you don’t see the answer you need on this list, contact the Office of Residence Life by emailing or calling 314-392-2262.


Are freshmen required to live on campus?

MBU students are not required to live on campus, but our comfortable, modern dorms offer students a strong sense of community that enhances their college experience.

Ho do I apply for on-campus housing?

The housing application can be completed here! There is also a one-time non-refundable $100 housing application fee that can be paid through this portal. It must be completed in order for a student to receive a housing assignment.

What is provided in my dorm room?

Your room is furnished with a desk and chair, dresser, and an extra-long twin-size bed.

Can I bring extra furniture for my room?

Students are allowed to bring extra furniture if it is approved by the Residence Director and the resident’s roommate. The extra furniture should not intrude on the space of others in the room or suite. Sofa sleepers are prohibited.

What are the average measurements for North Hall and Pillsbury Huff dorm rooms?

Pillsbury Huff average dorm room is 15 feet long by 13 feet wide. The ceiling height is roughly 8 1/2 feet tall. North Hall average dorm room is 15 1/2 feet long by 12 1/2 feet wide. Closets are about 4 feet wide.

When can I move into my room?

New students are allowed to move into the dorms during the assigned time of Welcome Weekend

Is my housing application fee refundable?

No, the one-time housing application fee is nonrefundable.

Are there laundry facilities available?

Yes, there are laundry facilities in the housing facilities. The fee for use is included in the cost of the room and board, so there is no cost per load.

Can I have visitors in my room?

Visitors of the same gender may visit at any time. If they are staying overnight, they must complete an overnight guest form with the RA on duty. Please see the Handbook of Residential Living for specific guidelines. Guests of the opposite sex may visit in the dorm room during Open Hall times only.

Do I have a curfew?

Residents do not have a curfew, but we encourage students to have a schedule that promotes a healthy lifestyle and a successful academic career.

Is cable available?

Spectrum U will be made available to students via their personal mobile, laptops, Apple TV, and streaming devices. Spectrum U is not compatible with Roku. More information will be made available to you when you arrive on campus.

How do I request a roommate?

All parties must have a complete housing application before you can start this process.

    1. Sign into eRezLife and go to Roommate Profile on the left-hand side menu and turn it ON. Make sure you select “save” at the bottom of the page after any updates.
    2. Select a point person to start the Roommate group. Have that person log in to eRezLife and select “Roommate Groups” on the left-hand menu.
    3. Select “Create New Roommate Group” and create a unique group name.
    4. Under emails add each person’s MBU student email to the email textbox, then select “save”.
    5. Once you have added their MBU student email to the email text box, they will receive an email that they have been invited to the roommate group.
    6. If you invite someone to your group and they receive the email, they need to log on and accept your invitation to the Roommate Group. If they do not do so, you will notice they do NOT have a green check mark next to their name in the roommate group. Once everyone has a green checkmark next to their name, your roommate group is good to go!


What do I do if I have a maintenance issue in my room?

Complete a maintenance request form through your eRezLife portal.

What do I do if I have an issue with my internet?

What if I don’t like my roommate?

If you have a problem with your roommate(s), the first step is discussing your issues with your roommate. The second step is talking to your RA. If they cannot help remedy the situation, you may request a roommate change after the first two weeks of the semester. Room changes are not guaranteed.

Can I request a private room?

Private room requests must go through the Office of Student Accessibility Services. The deadline to request a private room is June 1.

Can I stay in the dorm over a closed break?

Students with a school-related reason are allowed to stay in the dorms over closed break. To request to stay in the dorms over a closed break, you must complete a Closed Break Request Form. If your request is approved, a daily fee will be charged to your student account.

Can I have overnight guests in my room?

Residents can have overnight guests of the same gender who are between the ages of 17 and 24. They must have approval from the Residence Director and register the guest with the RA on duty.

How can I express my ideas for Residence Life?

Our Residence Life staff values the ideas and opinions of our residents. Students can contact their Residence Assistant or Residence Director directly. There are also surveys conducted at the end of each semester where students are encouraged to voice their opinions and suggestions.

What is the difference between vacating the dorm and checking out of the dorm?

Vacating students are leaving the dorm and are not returning, while checked-out students plan to return after breaks. In both cases, students must make an appointment with their Residence Assistant to complete paperwork and perform a room inspection.

Can I stay in the dorm over the summer?

Students who are taking summer classes or who have on-campus jobs are allowed to stay in the dorms during summer break. Students must fill out a Summer Housing contract and will be billed a monthly fee for housing. Meal plans are not provided during the summer.

Additional Resources