Application Steps for Transfer Students
Check if your credit hours will transfer
Contact your admissions counselor for more information about transferring credit hours.
Meet with your admissions counselor
Contact your admissions counselor to set up a meeting to discuss transferring credits, applying for admission, and more.
Apply for admission
Submit your official transcript
We need official copies* of transcripts from all colleges and universities at which you have attempted credit. Students must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0** or higher to be considered for admission to MBU.
*Please note that official transcripts are transcripts mailed directly from the school at which credit was earned and arrive in a sealed envelope or from an authorized electronic service.
**Students who do not have a 2.0 or higher cumulative grade point average may appeal to the Admissions Review Committee for probationary acceptance to MBU.
Plan a visit
Experience a day at MBU and see why thousands of students choose to attend each year.
If you are transferring from one of the following St. Louis-area schools, please refer to the corresponding transfer guide below:
- Jefferson College
- St. Charles Community College
- St. Louis Community College
- Lewis and Clark Community College
- East Central College
- Mineral Area College
- John A. Logan College
- Rend Lake College
- MacMurrray College
- Shawnee Community College
Missouri Baptist University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
One College Park Drive
St. Louis, Mo 63141
Quick Facts for Transfer Students:
- The maximum number of allowable transfer hours from a junior college accepted by Missouri Baptist University is 70 credit hours, unless specified by an articulation agreement.
- A grade of “C” or better is required for all coursework in major or minor areas of study,
- A minimum of 120 hours is required for graduation from Missouri Baptist University. Forty-two of these hours must be upper division credit.
- At least 24 of the last 30 credit hours before graduation must be taken at Missouri Baptist University.
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale must be maintained at all times.
For any additional assistance with transferring credit, setting up a campus tour, learning about financial aid options and creating an academic degree program, please contact our transfer counselors at (877) 434-1115.