College life is more than lectures and midterms, It’s a place to enjoy yourself. MBU encourages every student to get involved in campus life through playing intramurals, joining a student organization, or watching a game. Make the most of your year on campus.
The Office of Student Activities serves the students through planning and developing campus activities, receptions, and events that are appropriate for student involvement. It serves as a resource to clubs and organizations by calendaring and coordinating their activities. The Office of Student Activities provides the home office for the Student Government Association and the Student Activities Council.
The academic year at MBU is enlivened by a variety of social functions, including Homecoming, Welcome Weekend, The Perk: The Event, Spring Fling, and various trips and monthly events.
For more information or to get involved in Student Activities contact Lara Hines or Julie Hammack.
Get involved and updated to see how “We Make College Eventful!” by finding MBU Student Activities on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
MBU Institute for Leadership
The MBU Institute for Leadership program is designed for students of any background or academic major who are interested in developing their leadership skills. Students will pursue both the academic study of leadership as well as its practical and personal application in the community.
Student Activities Schedule – Spring 2015
- Cards of Hearts (Feb. 12): Students can come by The Perk from 1:30-3 to make a valentine and enjoy some treats!
- Movie Night (Feb. 12): Students can enjoy free popcorn and drinks in the Dining Hall at 7pm while watching the film “Save the Last Dance.”
- Spring Break Trip (March 6-11): Students will stay at the Embassy Suites in Destin, Florida and enjoy a week spending time on the beach, shopping, and building community with fellow Spartans.
- Talent Show Auditions (March 18-20): Students wishing to participate in the talent show will audition beforehand.
- Spring Fling (March 30- April 2): Student Activities annual week of fun and free food to lighten the mood as finals approach.
- Talent Show (March 30): As a part of the Spring Fling events, the talent show is a way to showcase the outstanding talents of MBU’s own student body.
- Senior Day (April 16): As we bid our seniors farewell, seniors will be treated to a brunch and partake in the traditional senior walk that then concludes with a special chapel service dedicated to the graduating class.
- Finals Feast (April 20): Teachers, coaches, and staff have the opportunity to serve students a late night breakfast as a way to give students a break from their studies in preparation for finals.
- Blue Out Game (April 9 and 17): Come show your Spartan spirit and pack the stands with blue to cheer on our lacrosse (9th) and baseball (17th) teams while enjoying great company and free food.