Missouri Baptist University is an evangelical Christian, liberal arts institution and has as its purpose the offering of programs of study leading to professional certificates, undergraduate degrees, and graduate degrees in an environment where academic excellence is emphasized and a Biblically based Christian perspective is maintained. The University is committed to enriching its students’ lives spiritually, intellectually, and professionally, and to preparing students to serve in a global and culturally diverse society.
The University seeks to prepare students who are motivated by ideals of service for effective performance in careers which are appropriate to the Christian commitment of MBU. The University is open to all qualified students, regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, age, or qualified disability. The faculty and the students work together toward the following purposes in the lives of the students:
- To develop a personal philosophy of life and an ethical and spiritual commitment which is based upon an awareness of alternatives and which is examined in the light of Biblical revelation.
- To grow in an understanding of themselves, as well as others, and to cultivate an ability to employ this knowledge for self-development, for mental and physical health, and for social and family relationships.
- To prepare for living in harmony with the physical environment by becoming aware of its basic principles, and of the means for intelligent use and conservation of its resources.
- To develop effectiveness in the use and understanding of communications, both spoken and written, employing analytical and logical thinking in the process.
- To become contributors to society in a manner consistent with Christian principles, participating responsibly in church, school, community, and world affairs, employing insights derived from a broad range of studies.
- To grow in understanding, appreciation, and enjoyment of literature and the arts, and to become participants in creative and aesthetic activities in the community.
- To prepare for continuing study by becoming acquainted with electronic technology resources and methods of scholarly research.
- To teach, empower, and inspire students for service and lifelong learning.
- We are serious and intentional about our Christian faith.
- We will freely and responsibly search for truth.
- We strive for excellence.
- We believe in the importance and cultivation of character.
- We believe in social change through service and leadership.