To transfer to Missouri Baptist University, you will need to submit the following documents for review:
- A completed MBU admissions application
- Official copies* of transcripts from all colleges and universities at which you have attempted credit. Students must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0** or higher to be considered for full admission to MBU.
- A letter of recommendation (completed as part of the online application process)
* Official transcripts are those submitted directly from one institution to another. They must arrive at MBU in a sealed envelope.
** Students who do not have a 2.0 or higher cumulative grade point average may appeal to the Admissions Review Committee for probationary acceptance to MBU.
If you are transferring from one of the following St. Louis-area schools, please refer to the corresponding transfer guide below:
Quick Facts for Transfer Students:
- The maximum number of allowable transfer hours from a junior college accepted by Missouri Baptist University is 70 credit hours, unless specified by an articulation agreement.
- A grade of “C” or better is required for all coursework in major or minor areas of study,
- A minimum of 128 hours is required for graduation from Missouri Baptist University. Forty-five of these hours must be upper division credit.
- At least 24 of the last 30 credit hours before graduation must be taken at Missouri Baptist University.
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale must be maintained at all times.
For any additional assistance with transferring credit, setting up a campus tour, learning about financial aid options and creating an academic degree program, please contact our transfer counselors at (877) 434-1115.