- To apply for admission to a graduate program at Missouri Baptist University, please submit the following:
- Complete our application for admission. Doctoral applicants must pay a $50 application fee prior to admission. All other applications are free.
- Official transcripts* from all previously attended colleges, universities, and post-secondary institutions (this includes any courses posted as transfer credits from other institutions). Transcripts must be sent directly from the issuing institution via mail or electronic delivery. Electronically submitted transcripts can be sent to email@example.com. Any transcript received by fax, postal mail directly from a student, or hand-delivered will not be accepted as an official copy. This includes transcripts that are unopened and marked as official.
Mail Transcripts to:
1 College Park Drive
Louis, MO 63141
*Students graduating from Missouri Baptist University’s undergraduate, masters’ or specialist programs do not need to resubmit transcripts that are already on file.
- Letter of recommendation from an employer or professional in your chosen field. IMPORTANT NOTE: Christian Ministry applicants must request and submit an additional letter of recommendation from a pastor. Counseling and Social Work applicants must request and submit 3 letters of recommendation from an employer or professional in the field. Doctoral applicants must request and submit 3 letters of recommendation. The specific guidelines for doctoral letters of recommendation vary by program. After submitting your application, more details will be provided. You can submit the letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Professional Statement. This is a brief essay (approximately 2 pages, double-spaced) designed to discuss your career and/or educational background, why you want to continue your education, and what you hope to accomplish with this degree. You may submit this essay to email@example.com. IMPORTANT NOTE: Counseling applicants must follow the specific prompt below.
- Write and submit an original, double-spaced 1000 word essay that will be reviewed for content and will be used to assess your written communication skills. Please answer the following prompts in your writing:
- As a CACREP aligned program, we strive to provide the community with leaders who are ethical, socially just, and culturally competent. After reflecting on this vision statement, please answer:
- What previous experiences (please include personal, professional, academic, and/or any leadership roles) have led you to pursue a master’s degree in counseling, specifically the program at Missouri Baptist University?
- What are your professional goals, and how do you see your goals aligned with the vision of the MBU counseling program described above? How do you plan on carrying these professional goals forward to be a leader in your community and profession?
- The Counseling Program is both academically and emotionally rigorous. What challenges, if any, do you foresee encountering during your studies? What forms of support will you use to meet those challenges?
- Christian Ministry applicants must submit a 5-7 sentence statement of faith that summarizes their core beliefs
- Christian Ministry applicants must submit a spiritual autobiography. One page (double-spaced) is sufficient.
- Counseling and Social Work require an up-to-date resume/CV.
- A copy of Missouri certification is required for MEA and Ed.S. applicants only.
- The doctoral office will require additional application materials. The additional requirements will be communicated upon receipt of application.
- Interviews are required for counseling applicants, social work applicants and doctoral applicants. Interviews will be scheduled after all supporting application items are received.
- Have questions? Visit our FAQ pagefor more information.