Tax Information


Each year students in the U.S. on F-1 or J-1 visas who receive a U.S. source income while in the U.S., such as working on-campus, working in a paid CPT internship or while on OPT,  are required to file a U.S. tax return between January 1st and April 15th for the previous year.  As a service to our students, Missouri Baptist University purchases a license with a tax preparation service to assist International Students with filing their U.S. tax returns.  International Students who were enrolled at MBU in the previous year are eligible to access this service. Please see the office of International Student Services for instructions and access code if you would like assistance and it is time to file taxes.

Even if you have not received a U.S. source income, you still need to send form 8843 into the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.  To download form 8843 click here.

Please see the IRS website for further information on regulations regarding the taxation of non-resident aliens.

Please remember that the staff of International Student Services cannot give tax advice or assistance.