I. General Function
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Records, the Records Assistant has the primary responsibility for providing support services to the Director of Records and managing and maintaining the records of students who attend Missouri Baptist University.
• Receiving incoming phone calls to the Records Office.
• Verification/processing of “Withdrawal from School” and “No Show” forms.
• Checking and responding to the Records Office e-mail inbox daily.
• Processing of enrollment verifications and deferments.
• Create files for the Director of Records graduation applicants and Graduate Office degree files.
• Updating and creating Degree Audits on students.
• Assist faculty with the entry of all grades through the faculty portal. Enter IN/IP forms and support with processing of change of grade e-mails.
• Processes un-graded reports helping secure all missing grades.
• Assists the Graduate Office with the processing of senior permission requests.
• Assists the Associate Director of Records in maintaining and scanning VA files as needed.
• Process incoming electronic forms.
• Responsible for maintenance of all office equipment.
• Create office correspondence/letters.
• Maintain out of office voicemails and e-mails.
• Assist in organizational structure of grade rosters, incompletes and in progress forms.
• Break down graduation files after degree is conferred: change “Status” screen, print transcript to FileBound, enter last date of attendance in FileBound, and scan graduation application and appropriate paperwork.
• Thin and sort through advisor files when received.
• Processes requests for inter-institutional course attendance under the guidelines of the consortium agreement and the remittance of all grades earned under the agreement.
• Perform special duties as assigned by the Director of Records or the Assoc. Director of Records.
Director of Records
Records Assistant is directly accountable to the Director of Records for the proper interpretation and fulfillment of his/her job functions, general responsibilities, and related authority and relationships.
Records Office Staff
It is essential that this individual maintain an open line of communication with all members of the Records Office staff. He/she is a vital part of the office and keeping it organized.
Records Assistant shall assist in supervising the student workers assigned to the Records Office.
IV. Performance Measurement Criteria
• After a ninety-day probation period, the Director conducts a written and oral evaluation. The Director conducts an annual written and oral evaluation of the Records Assistant based on the position description, training manual, and the University performance evaluation form.
V. Minimum Qualifications
• Education and Experience
Minimum of three years secretarial experience, preferably in a university setting. Clerical skills, computer skills, good working knowledge of basic applications software (MS Word, Excel, etc.) essential; familiarity with CAMS-E a plus.
• Personal Attributes
Professional dress and appearance. An attitude of cooperation and conscientiousness. Must be highly motivated, able to self-direct, and detail oriented.
• Spiritual Attributes
Must have a commitment to evangelical Christian faith, current activity as a church member, and provide a Statement of Faith.
• Interpersonal Skills:
Ability to interact with students, parents, vendors, sales representatives, and others in a mature and professional manner.
• Communication Skills:
Excellent communication skills displaying professionalism in written and oral communication.
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Benefits include life, health and dental insurance, participation in annuity program if eligible, two weeks paid vacation, and tuition concession for self and dependents following one year of service, full-time position.
Applicants must provide a written statement of Christian faith in keeping with the mission of Missouri Baptist University. Please include in your statement where you attend church and how your faith journey aligns with The Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
To apply and be considered for this position, all the following information must be included: