MBU Board approves M.S. in Higher Ed Leadership
Missouri Baptist University’s Trustees approved the offering of a master’s degree in in higher education leadership at their regularly scheduled meeting Feb. 22.
The entirely-online program will prepare students with the foundational scholarship, education, and experience to enhance their careers in the dynamic and growing field of higher education. The ultimate objective of the program is to position graduates for leadership and executive positions in higher education.
The program is set to begin this fall. Click here, to learn more.
In addition, the Trustees approved the offering of new minors in dance, geoscience and plant biology, along with a certificate in faith and learning.
In other business, the Board approved:
- The promotions of Mrs. Kasey Cox to assistant professor of communications and theatre, Dr. Tim Delicath to professor of educational research, Dr. Alicia Noddings to associate professor of education, and Dr. Laura Rauscher to associate professor of counseling education.
- The appointments of Ms. Ashley Bell as assistant professor of nursing, and Mr. Alonzo Medcalf as instructor of multimedia production.
- Resolutions of appreciation recognizing the late-Mrs. Lillian Winning and Dr. Jerry Deese for their generous support to MBU. The Members of the President’s Club, which is comprised of donors who have given $1,000 or more to MBU in the last year, were also recognized.
- The re-selection of BKD Accounting to perform the University’s annual audits and tax report preparations.
- The 2018-2019 operating budget. The budget represents a 2.7% increase over the current budget and ensures that key strategic initiatives will be completed. Our tuition will be raised 4.2 percent. MBU remains ranked 11thof 22 independent colleges in Missouri for tuition pricing.
Missouri Baptist University is a Christ-centered university located in Saint Louis. MBU offers more than 40 undergraduate degrees, graduate degrees in education, business and religion and its new terminal degree, the Doctor of Education. In addition to its 66-acre West St. Louis County campus, MBU offers degree programs at 10 regional learning centers throughout Saint Louis, in Southern Illinois and online. For more information, go to www.mobap.edu or call 1-877-434-1115.