Under the direct supervision of the Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach, the graduate assistant coach has the responsibility of carrying out all duties assigned by the head coach as they relate to the administration of the sport and in the best interest of the university. These duties are to be performed reflecting the policies and regulations established by the Board of Trustees and university administration. Graduate assistant coaches should familiarize themselves with conference, region and national rules and regulations.
- Assist head coach in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes
- Help plan and lead practice sessions
- Assist in game preparation including scouting opponents, reviewing game film, etc.
- Assist in managing social media platforms
- Assist with fundraising and organizing community service outreach
- Assist in monitoring academic progress
- Other duties as assigned by head coach
- Head Coach – Graduate assistant coaches report directly to the head coach and are accountable for the proper interpretation and fulfillment of his/her function, specific and general responsibilities, and relatedauthority
- Other College Administrators – Graduate assistant coaches will maintain good relationships with all areas of the university to accomplish his/her function including the areas of but not limited to Athletics, Academics, Admissions, Advancement, Financial Aid, and Student Development
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience in coaching and/or playing lacrosse is preferred
- Personal qualities of integrity, loyalty, reliable, teachable, ability to motivate, ability to articulate clearexpectations
- A testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a commitment to perform duties consistent with the Baptist Faith andMessage 2000
- Responds to plans and directives given by head coach
- Performance Measurement Criteria
An annual performance review is to be conducted by the head coach and Director of Athletics. This review will include an assessment of the degree to which duties and assignments have been accomplished. Additionally, an analysis of strengths and weaknesses based on the job description and performance, along with personal andprofessional development, will be included.
- Annual stipend based on budget allocation
- Tuition waiver as per school policy
- Reimbursement for professional development (i.e. clinics, conventions, etc.)
To apply, interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and statement of Christian faith to TreyWhittemore, Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach at Trey.Whittemore@mobap.edu.