The Graduate Assistant for International Experiences supports the efforts of the Office of International Experiences by counseling international applicants and supporting strategic initiatives for cultural competencies.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions
1. Assist with the recruitment and admission of international students
2. Help international applicants navigate suitable fields of study in line with their future career goals
3. Support and counsel students in areas related to enrollment and visa status
4. Provide support for international student admission, international travel, and international enrollment
5. Maintain International Experiences budget spreadsheet
6. Develop and promote cultural competencies across campus
7. Other duties as assigned
• Reports to the Director of International Experiences
• Works in coordination with International Experiences student workers
Performance Measurement Criteria
A performance evaluation shall be conducted by the Director of International Experiences to determine if the Graduate Assistant’s overall performance is meeting the expected requirements of his/her role and to review and analyze strengths and weaknesses, with focus on future goals and objectives.
Ideal Candidates will:
• Be a professing and committed Christian with an understanding and commitment to uphold the Southern Baptist Faith and Message within the context of an intentionally Christian liberal arts university.
• Previous experience in international education or service
• Enrollment in an education, service, counseling, or business-related master’s program
• Interest in a career in higher education, diversity education, immigration law, advising or closely related field Minimum
• Earned bachelor’s degree
• Must be enrolled in an MBU graduate program during course of position
• Previous experience advising students
• Organization and time management
• Excellent customer service
• Must be available to work fall, spring, and summer semesters to match international admissions calendar
• Fifty percent (50%) tuition discount for graduate level classes at Missouri Baptist University
The tuition discount is not stackable with any other discounts such as the Alumni Tuition Discount or Athletic Scholarship
• Stipend of $6,000 total — dispensed fall ($2000), spring ($2,000), and summer ($2,000) semesters.
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and statement of Christian faith to Marie Tudor, Director of International Experiences, at Marie.Tudor@mobap.edu.