Explain financial assistance programs to students/parents and aid them in planning the financial resources necessary to afford their education at MBU. Assess aid eligibility for applicants and process financial aid according to federal, state and institutional guidelines and policies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITY
Within the limits of authorized college policies, procedures, programs and budgets, the Financial Services Counselor is responsible for and has authority to accomplish the following duties:
- Counsel potential and current students and their families on all aspects of financial assistance.
- Effectively manage a portfolio of student financial aid files.
- Work with other Financial Services Counselors and organize efforts to maintain consistency of processing.
- Determine eligibility for financial aid by reviewing student’s eligibility criteria, verifying of need analysis, and monitoring continued eligibility.
- Process and maintain institutional scholarships, outside agency payments and scholarships, and state and federal grants.
- Certify and maintain disbursement of student funds.
- Coordinate and monitor electronic data entry, transmission, and reconciliation for EDExpress, EDconnect, and records in our Student Information System (SIS).
- Ensure compliance with federal and state guidelines for student financial aid eligibility.
- Maintain current knowledge of federal regulations, state requirements and institutional policies pertaining to eligibility determination.
- Generate, verify and analyze reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with established requirements; reconcile financial and statistical data.
- Provide support to financial aid workshops and outreach programs with various community organizations and high schools.
- Assist with presentations to students and parents.
- Maintain confidential information and act in accordance with all privacy laws.
- Perform other duties deemed necessary by the Director of Financial Services.
Variations of the aforementioned responsibilities will be assigned to individual counselors at the discretion of the Director of Financial Services.
- Director of Financial Services
- The Financial Services Counselor is directly accountable to the Director of Financial Services for the proper interpretation and fulfillment of his/her function, general responsibilities and related authority, and relationships.
- Other Administrators and Departments
- The Financial Services Counselor will maintain a professional relationship with each college administrator and department, especially Admissions and Records, providing and receiving complete and accurate information necessary for the accomplishment of the college mission and office responsibilities.
- Office Staff
- The Financial Services Counselor will maintain a professional relationship with office staff to accomplish the university mission and office responsibilities.
PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
The Director of Financial Services shall conduct an annual performance review. This review will include an assessment of the performance of all tasks related to the position, an analysis of the counselor’s strengths and weaknesses based on a review of the job description and recent performance, and proposed personal and professional development.REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must be professing Christians who demonstrate a commitment to living out their faith through their work and life. A statement of faith is required to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Proficient with computers and MS Office applications, specifically MS Excel, and adept in an online environment.
- Strong commitment to providing solid customer service and representing the University with a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrated experience showing leadership and initiative.
- Detail-oriented, possessing excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and comfortable presenting to audiences on topics connected to the position.
- Team player who works well with others on collective goals, but self-motivated and capable of managing assigned tasks independently.
- Must be willing to travel for various training events and for visits to regional campus locations. Seasonal needs require overtime when authorized and requested by the Director of Financial Services.
Salary commensurate with experience. MBU provides comprehensive health insurance, a generous retirement plan, long-term care, tuition remission, two weeks of vacation, numerous holidays, and other benefits.
Interested applicants may send their resume, cover letter and statement of faith to our Director of Student Financial Services, Zach Greenlee, by CLICKING HERE.