The School of Social Work at Missouri Baptist University seeks to hire a part-time Administrative Assistant. The position will be for twenty-nine hours per week over four to five days per week.
I. Basic Function
Under the direct supervision of the Associate Dean of the School of Social Work, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for the duties necessary for the efficient operation of the School of Social Work. This position requires a self-motivated individual with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Maintains calendar, makes meeting and travel arrangements, prepares meeting agendas, maintains office supplies, prepares reports, coordinates in person, Zoom, and or Microsoft Office Team meetings, takes thorough notes at meetings and types minutes and other documents as requested. Maintains an organized and clean workspace.
- Maintains equipment, resources, and records, keeping them secure and private. Assists in vendor relationship management. Maintains confidentiality of all information, meetings, and conversations.
- Assists with budgetary matters within the School of Social Work.
- Submits textbook orders to MBU Bookstore.
- Assists with mailings.
- Periodically prepares faculty overload and/or stipend contracts.
- Maintains compliance with all University and Staff employee policies.
- Greets and responds appropriately to walk-in traffic.
- Maintains student roster and manages correspondence with students regarding key activities and deadlines.
- Supports the School of Social Work by performing all other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean.
- Periodically updates the School of Social Work-related materials, website, social media, university graduate bulletin sections, and databases as directed by the Associate Dean.
- Organizes and conducts School of Social Work events-this may require, but is not limited to, the following: securing space, equipment, food, preparing invitations, announcements, agendas, brochures, purchasing awards or prizes, making travel arrangements and reservations, and attending and assisting with the events as they occur.
- Provides complete clean-up after each event and makes all the necessary returns of equipment, furniture, and any other items. Restores the venue site to University’s desired state of cleanliness and organization.
- The Administrative Assistant reports to and is accountable to the Associate Dean of the School of Social Work.
- Maintains an open relationship and coordinates, as needed, with various University offices and personnel.
IV. Performance Measurement Criteria
- After a ninety-day probation period, the Associate Dean conducts a written and oral evaluation. The Associate Dean conducts an annual written and oral evaluation of the Administrative Assistant based on the position description, training manual, and the University performance evaluation form.
V. Minimum Qualifications
- Education and Experience
Provide official transcript of undergraduate Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree. Three or more years of experience as an administrative assistant to an upper-level administrator. Knowledge of office management systems and procedures. Experience with social media strategy, writing, and management; and Microsoft Office Specialist certification or similar certification preferred. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Personal Attributes
Professional dress and appearance. An attitude of cooperation and conscientiousness. Must be highly motivated, able to self-direct, and detail oriented.
- Spiritual Attributes
Must have a commitment to evangelical Christian faith, current activity as a church member, and provide a Statement of Faith.
- Physical Effort and Work Environment:
The job requires extensive sitting and keyboarding. The ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, and or move from one area to another or one building to another on a regular basis is required. Manual and physical dexterity needed to operate a keyboard and handle paper documents is required. The ability to lift and carry a stack of forms, documents, and/or textbooks up to 25 pounds at a time (or rearrange furniture) is required.
- Hourly, Non-Exempt part-time.
Applicants must provide a written statement of Christian faith in keeping with the mission of Missouri Baptist University. Please include in your statement where you attend church and how your faith journey aligns with The Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
To apply and be considered for this position, all the following information must be included:
- Cover letter summarizing your qualifications
- Official transcript(s) sent from all degree conferring institution(s)
- Three professional references with their current contact information including the following:
a. Telephone number
b. E-mail address
c. Mailing address
- Statement of Faith
Submit all required materials in attached Microsoft Word or PDF files, via a single e-mail to Dr. Nikki Johnson at Nikki.Johnson@mobap.edu.