This essential component of the on-campus living experience will include a variety of new initiatives to reduce risk for the entire campus community. The initiatives being implemented include:
The Perk (Coffee House)
Strict cleaning procedures and COVID mitigation strategies are in place. Coffee and items can be purchased using the FRESHX app.
The Dining Hall
- To-go meals will be offered for all dining services.
- Meals may be ordered for pickup using the FRESHX app.
- Operating hours will be expanded and continuous throughout the day,
- A new point-of-sale system will increase touchless payment and the need for a cashier to handle student ID cards when being scanned.
- Hand sanitizer stations are installed in Dining Hall
- Marked visual cues will be added to Dining Hall to create directional traffic flow in both food preparation and customer areas.
- Staffing will allow for increased cleaning of high-touch spaces and equipment including tables and counters. This cleaning is consistent with COVID-19 food preparation and service guidelines.
- Reuse of glasses and plates will be prohibited, as well as the use of personal, refillable water bottles and containers.
- Detailed protocols for safe food preparation, service and product delivery that are consistent with COVID-19 guidelines will be implemented.
- Touchless tableware dispensers will be installed.
- Daily health screening will be performed on all employees.
- Physical distancing will be implemented to maintain proper spacing in all cooking and food preparation areas.
- Face coverings and gloves will be worn by all employees.
- Uniforms will be laundered professionally.