The NAIA and AMC Conference have authorized intercollegiate competition and the University is prepared to implement protocols to allow student-athletes to participate in sports and club activities.
- MBU will create an athletics and recreation safe campus subcommittee to include athletic trainers, health services representatives, coaches and the athletic director.
- MBU will develop individual protocols for each sport to reduce potential transmission for student-athletes, athletic trainers, coaches and others.
- Athletic staff will provide regular temperature checks for student-athletes and coaches.
- Cleaning and sanitizing will be increased in common spaces and high-traffic areas, such as locker rooms and athletic training facilities.
- Personal protective equipment will be provided for athletic health care providers.
- We will develop and implement spectator protocols, including possible prohibition of spectators depending on conditions. Spectator protocols will be communicated in advance of any events with visitors.
- All athletic trainers, coaches, and athletes must adhere to the MBU Athletic participation policies, created with consideration to the NAIA Resocialization of Sport document and the NATA Intercollegiate Council for Sports Medicine guidelines.
- Modified athletic scheduling will be explored to eliminate non-essential travel. Other modifications will be made if necessary.
- The following general protocols will be implemented for all athletic facilities:
- Student-athletes and members will follow check-in protocols for each visit, which include health screening questions and temperature check, and each person will be required to scan an ID.
- Masks will be required at all times while moving through the facility, including hallways and restrooms. There will be designated areas to allow members to remove masks while exercising.
- Directional signs will be posted to help assist with the flow of traffic and must be followed at all times.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available in strategic locations and throughout the facility.
- Outdoor area protocols:
- Physical distancing is required, and any contact sport or activity must be approved and screened using Athletic Department protocols for temperature checks and screening.
- Facility usage will be by schedule only.
- SRC, Muncy, Spartan Field, and Fitness Center protocols (Weight room, fitness center and gyms):
- Hours will be posted and allow for periodic shutdown to deep clean all spaces, restrooms and equipment and reset facility setup.
- Weight training areas and athletic weight room capacity has been reduced to 50% to accommodate physical distancing guidelines.
- All individuals using the facility are required to clean their equipment prior to and immediately following use.
- All sitting or standing exercises involving dumbbells must maintain physical distancing guidelines. Spotters will be allowed if wearing a mask.
In accordance with NAIA, the University intends to proceed with its fall athletic schedule. Competition for fall teams will begin Sept. 5 except football, which will begin Sept. 12. The delayed start dates will result in a slightly abbreviated season.
The University’s athletic teams will adhere to NAIA guidelines for prescreening and physical distancing, including, if warranted, temperature checks. For more information related to NAIA’s COVID-19 planning, please visit here. To view conference guidelines, click here.