Passages Israel has officially cancelled Missouri Baptist University’s trip to Israel from March 8-18, 2020. I am sad that we will not be travelling together to Israel. With the cancellation, I know there are plenty of questions. Here are some things to know:
- Why did Missouri Baptist University cancel the trip?
- Missouri Baptist University did not cancel the trip. Passages Israel, who organizes the trip, cancelled the trip independently based on health and safety concerns related to COVID-19 as well as the viability of visiting various sites in Israel.
- For more details, visit https://passagesisrael.org/updates/
· Will I get my money back?
o Students can receive a full refund for the Registration Fee. You’ll receive an email with directions directly from Passages Israel about this within approximately the next week.
o Any questions regarding refunds should be directed to Passages Israel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· What about my Domestic Flights?
o If you purchased your flight through Traveland, contact Passages for instructions.
o If you purchased your flight apart from Traveland, you should contact your airline to 1) cancel, 2) change your flight, or 3) request a voucher.
· Will there be a future trip?
o Passages Israel has not planned a “replacement” trip at this time.
o If future trips are offered, we will make you aware of the opportunity.
- Will I still be able to take my academic course for credit?
- Yes, you will still be able to complete your academic course.
- In order to replace the trip experience, additional assignments, projects, or readings will be added to the course.
- I live on-campus in the residence halls, and my parents/family lives far away and can’t book a last minute trip home for spring break. What should I do?
- If you leave on-campus, the University will work with you to allow you to stay on-campus in your residence hall. You will need to visit the Office of Residence Life to complete the Spring Break stay form. The University will not charge you the standard break cost because the trip was canceled with little time for students to make alternative plans.
- Please note, the campus is closed for Spring Break and no food services will be available.
- Some food items are available through the Faith and Service Office’s Sharing Shop.
Should you have any questions, please contact me.
Grace and Peace,
Campus Minister and Director of Faith & Service