The Counselor Education Department at Missouri Baptist University seeks applicants for a full-time faculty position at the level of Assistant Professor for our CACREP-accredited School and Clinical Mental Health Counseling programs. The successful applicant will teach master’s-level counseling courses, promote recruitment and retention of diverse students, and be actively involved in the leadership of the counseling department as needed. The selected applicant will teach across various delivery platforms, including in person on main campus in St. Louis, online (asynchronous), and/or livestream.
1. PhD in Counseling from a CACREP-accredited institution (ABD considered with an expected completion date before August 2022).
2. Candidates must be eligible for licensure as a mental health counselor or school counselor in Missouri.
3. Experience teaching in higher education.
4. Strong counselor identity, including scholarship, service, and experience in the field of counseling.
5. Candidates must demonstrate strength and flexibility to teach across CACREP core courses.
6. Candidates must embrace a student-centered approach and have a passion for serving students.
7. Candidates must commit to serving the department and its students in a full-time capacity and take initiative to lead program tasks and implement initiatives to improve the overall student experience.
8. Candidates must commit to intentionally integrating faith and learning in counseling courses.
Missouri Baptist University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or military/veteran status. Candidates from traditionally under-represented minority groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
Questions may be directed to Dr Christine Ward, Director of Counselor Education, at Christine.email@example.com
Initial review of applications will begin in May of 2022 and continue until the position is filled. Application documents listed below should be sent electronically to:
1. Cover letter summarizing your qualifications and goodness of fit for the position
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Names and contact information for three professional references (if the applicant is ABD, please also include the name and contact information for the dissertation chair)
4. Teaching Philosophy
5. Statement of Faith – The statement of faith should clearly explain your view of scripture, salvation, church membership and participation, and your personal relationship with Jesus Christ in keeping with the evangelical mission of Missouri Baptist University, and include a statement that you have read, understand, and would not teach contrary to the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.