Dropping a Course
Students who wish to officially drop a course must complete and submit an MBU ECP Drop Form. Please see the MBU ECP Calendar for drop date deadlines.
- Courses officially dropped on or before October 15 (fall and year-long courses) or March 15 (spring courses) will be eligible for a refund and will not appear on the student’s transcript.
- Courses officially dropped after October 15 (fall and year-long courses) or March 15 (spring courses), but before 80% of the course has been completed, will appear on the transcript with the grade of W, indicating that the student withdrew without grade point penalty; no refund will be available.
- Courses officially dropped after 80% of the course has been completed will appear on the transcript with a WF which negatively impacts grade point average; no refund will be available.
Withdrawing Because of Medical or Other Emergency Circumstance
If a student has an emergency and/or medical situation or a change of residence to another school attendance area and must withdraw from all high school courses, including the MBU ECP course(s), the student’s parent/guardian and the high school should do the following:
- The parent/guardian submits official documentation substantiating the emergency and/or medical situation to the high school counselor, MBU ECP coordinator and/or MBU ECP teacher requesting the withdrawal.
- If the high school agrees with the request, then the designated MBU ECP coordinator submits copies of the documentation and a cover letter requesting that MBU ECP grant the student’s withdrawal from the MBU ECP course(s) along with a refund.
The cover letter and documentation should be submitted to the following address:
MBU Early College Partnerships Office
Attn: Student Withdrawal
Missouri Baptist University
One College Park Drive
St. Louis, MO 63141
If MBU ECP determines the request for withdrawal because of emergency circumstances is valid, they will initiate action to withdraw the student from the college course and to refund the course fee.
For more information, contact the MBU Early College Partnerships office at Missouri Baptist University by e-mailing MBUECP@mobap.edu or by calling 314-392-2203.