I. BASIC FUNCTION
Under the direct supervision of the Campus Visit Coordinator, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for completing administrative duties within the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and providing assistance to prospective students and supporting the Admissions Office in its recruiting efforts.
Within the limits of University policies, procedures and programs this position is responsible to accomplish the duties as follows:
- Serve as first point of contact to potential applicants, answer inquiries via telephone and email while providing the highest standard of customer service.
- Enter data into various University databases. This data will primarily be made up of information received as testing scores, transcripts and other admissions documents. This also includes data validation and correction.
- Manage information in the CAMS and Filebound databases, accessing and routing documents to appropriate parties and communicating with appropriate office personnel. Oversee the scanning of all other documents.
- Process and print letters for applicants and coordinate mailings.
- Manage inquiries from faculty and staff, applicants and prospective applicants and their families and other visitors in person, by e-mail, telephone and writing and forwarding these where appropriate.
- Cross-train with University Receptionist and provide personnel coverage and support during receptionist absence.
- Assist with Admissions special events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be available to work 25 hours per week, between the hours of 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday. Final schedule is negotiable.
- He/she is directly accountable to the Campus Visit Coordinator for the interpretation and fulfillment of his/her function, general responsibilities, and related authority and relationships.
- He/she will work closely with student workers, support staff and admissions counselors. It is essential that he/she maintain an open line of communication with all members of the Admissions staff.
- It is also essential that he/she maintain an open and mutually cooperative relationship with other offices on campus—particularly with Financial Services, Records, IT, and Athletics. He/she will often work with these offices while completing administrative tasks and assisting students to ensure their questions are always answered in a timely manner.
PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
- Personal growth, as seen in making mature work-related decisions, organizational skills and utilization of time.
- The efficiency and accuracy of data entry, document processing and evaluation.
- Demonstration of enthusiasm and customer service.
- The amount of tasks that are performed through initiative and creative thinking in an effort to assist and improve the daily flow of responsibilities for the department as a whole.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Statement of Christian faith.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of following set procedures with the ability to suggest and implement adjustments as growth and trends demand change.
To apply please send resume, statement of faith and cover letter to Cynthia Sutton at Cynthia.Sutton@mobap.edu.