I. Basic Functions
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Dean of Student Engagement/Director of Residence Life, the Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for administrative duties for the Assistant Dean of StudentEngagement/Director of Residence Life. Administrative Assistant will also be responsible for administrative duties for the Student Development Department.
II. Responsibilities & Essential Functions
- Responsible for the daily operations of the Residence Life office, including all communication
s to andfrom the office to students, families, other campus departments and external contractors.
- Working directly under the Assistant Director of Residence Life to assist with all aspects of the housing admission process.
- Update student files in campus wide database.
- Complete billing each semester for dorm charges and keep updated each semester.
- Correspond with prospective residents and assist them in the housing admission process.
- Manage all mail and deliveries for the Residence Life office and residents.
- Purchaser of supplies for Residence Life, Student Life, Commuter Life and Student Development.
- Assist the Assistant Dean of Student Engagement with assessment of programs.
- Assist in prospective student events including Spartan Preview Day and Freshman RegistrationDay.
- Report all accidents, policy infractions, and general/specific student welfareconcerns.
- Serve by appointment on university committees.
- Assist in organizing budget materials.
- Assist in organizing the physical spaces (storage rooms etc.) of the Residence Life Office.
- Create and post media (physical signs, Instagram posts, weekly newsletter, etc.) for the StudentDevelopment Department.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary and assigned by the Assistant Dean of StudentEngagement.
- Reports to directly accountable to the Assistant Dean of Student Engagement/Director of Residence Life for the proper interpretation and fulfillment of his/her function and general responsibilities.
- The Administrative Assistant will have daily interactions with the Assistant Director of ResidenceLife as it relates to overseeing the daily operations of the Residence Life Office and the housingadmission process.
- Close cooperation with the following departments: Offices within the Division of StudentDevelopment, Admissions, Business Office, Athletics, Campus Services, Food Service, andSpecial Events.
IV. Performance Measurement Criteria
An annual performance review will be conducted by the Assistant Dean of Student Engagement/Director ofResidence Life. This review will include an assessment of the performance of all tasks related to the position, ananalysis of strengths and weaknesses based on a review of the job description and recent performance.
Ideal Candidates will:
- Be a professing and committed Christian with an understanding and commitment to uphold theSouthern Baptist Faith and Message within the context of an intentionally Christian liberal artsuniversity.
- Organized, result and success oriented, problem solving and reasoning skills, detail- oriented, exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree with two years experience in a related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Earned Masters or Doctoral degree in College Student Affairs, or equivalent discipline.
Salary based on education, experience and proven accomplishments. For information, regarding benefits please refer to the Employee Handbook.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, cover letter and statement of faith to Taira Schertz (Taira.firstname.lastname@example.org).