Title: Office Manager and Tutor Coordinator June 2019
Dept: Academic Success Center
I. Job Function: Under the supervision of the Director of Student Success, the Office Manager and Tutor Coordinator is responsible for organizing and managing all Tutoring and Writing Lab services provided by the ASC, including meeting with students and assisting them in the writing process, as well as scheduling and training student workers. The Office Manager and Tutor Coordinator may work up to 29 hours a week in the ASC.
II. Responsibilities: Within the limits of University policies, procedures, and programs, this employee is responsible to accomplish the duties as follows:
- Train, manage and schedule student workers including writing coaches, tutors and administrative staff.
- Effectively manage data collection for analysis and future reporting needs.
- Assist MBU regional learning centers and distance learning students who request tutoring.
- Create relevant and applicable resources that will help students learn and develop academic skills.
- Coordinate in-class workshops and study sessions for all general education courses as needed.
- Welcome all visitors to the Academic Success Center with a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Work front desk when needed, answering the phone, scheduling tests, and writing lab appointments.
- Assist with proctoring and other testing center duties as needed.
- Schedule appointments
- Coordinate ASC events.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Success
III. Relationships: The Academic Success Center Office Manager and Tutor Coordinator will observe the following relationships:
- The Office Manager and Tutor Coordinator is accountable to the Director of Student Success for the fulfillment of his/her role, general responsibility, authority and relationships.
- The Office Manager and Tutor Coordinator will work closely with all ASC staff and it is essential that he/she maintain an open line of communication with all members of the ASC staff.
- It is also essential that he/she maintain an open and mutually cooperative relationship with other offices on campus, including faculty members, staff, and regional learning centers.
IV. Performance Measurement Criteria: An annual performance evaluation will be conducted by the Director of Student Success. The Office Manager and Tutor Coordinator’s overall performance will be assessed per the job description, strengths and weaknesses will be reviewed, and future goals and objectives will be discussed.
V. Job Requirements:
- Statement of Christian faith
- Excellent interpersonal and administrative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. A writing sample should be provided.
- Ability to work effectively with students, parents, university staff, and academic departments in a mature and professional manner
- Must be self-motivated and demonstrate strong leadership and initiative
- Must be able to responsibly handle confidential information
- Previous tutoring, writing and/or editing experience is a plus
- Must possess computer skills including Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and statement of faith to Amy.Goodberlet@mobap.edu.