I. Basic Functions
The Campus Minister provides spiritual leadership and formative opportunities to the students on the campus of Missouri Baptist University. The minister serves in the Office of Spiritual Life, seeking to promote an environment conducive to spiritual growth and maturity. The minister executes and provides leadership and support for spiritual life programming (including but not limited to chapel, discipleship, and service projects).
II. Responsibilities & Essential Functions
- Assist in administration and execution of chapel gatherings
- Manage schedule and logistics for chapel teams
- Support and develop Chapel Band
- Speak in Chapel as assigned
- Manage technology related to tracking co-curricular requirements for student spiritual development, including RightNow Media, Communication (email) systems, Canvas course, etc.
- Develop and implement discipleship strategy for Main Campus students
- Recruit and develop student leaders
- Foster a culture of prayer through intentional prayer gatherings
- Manage technology related to discipleship programming
- Provide pastoral counseling and spiritual direction to students
- Oversee and develop MBU Serve teams.
- Plan and implement Service Days each semester
- Lead mission trips (local and international) as assigned
- Manage volunteer management software and systems related to tracking mobilization efforts as well as general volunteer engagement
- Reports to the Associate Vice President for Spiritual Formation supervising the Office of Spiritual Life
- Oversees Student Leaders & other positions as assigned
IV. Performance Measurement Criteria
An annual performance evaluation shall be conducted by the Associate Vice President for Spiritual Formation to determine if the minister’s overall performance meets the expected requirements of the position and to review and analyze strengths and weaknesses, with a focus on future goals and objectives.
Include, but are not limited to:
- Christian with high integrity and the ability to articulate the gospel in word and deed
- Willingness to affirm the Baptist Faith & Message (2000) and be an active member of a Southern Baptist Church
- Master’s Degree in Christian ministry or equivalent
- Experience in collegiate ministry and discipleship programming development and implementation
- Driven, self-starter who can adapt to multiple tasks
- Strong organizational, communication, and mediation skills.
- Humble, collaborative, and teachable
- Full-Time, exempt
- Salary competitive, based on experience
- Benefits as described in MBU’s personnel policies
To apply, follow this link. Complete applications submitted by June 15, 2022, will receive prioritized consideration. The position and application will remain open until filled.
The following documents will be requested during the application:
- Cover letter summarizing your qualifications
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Three to five references, including your pastor
- Statement of Faith. The statement of faith should clearly describe your conversion, current relationship with Christ, and ministerial calling.