Missouri Baptist University is seeking an Associate Director of Financial Services. Individuals interested in this position should review the description posted below and then submit application materials as instructed at the bottom of this page. Application materials will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled.
I. Basic Function
The Associate Director is responsible for the integrity of data, policies and procedures, and provides oversight to the regular functions of our counseling staff. This position coordinates with other SFS team members to maintain operations and ensure compliance in regards to administration of aid programs, especially Title IV programs. This position will manage the student employment program. It is required that the individual filling this role serve with integrity, pay careful attention to detail, and will think proactively to suggest and implement enhancements to office procedures.
II. Responsibilities & Authority
Within the limits of authorized college policies, procedures, programs and budgets, the Financial Services Counselor is responsible for and has authority to accomplish the following duties:
- Help direct and coordinate internal and external counseling and services in the office of Student Financial Services; assist with research and staff enhancements; ensure regulatory compliance through the application of random file reviews and execution of quality control reports.
- Help administer office planning, scheduling, and calendaring.
- Interact with Director to plan and execute short and long-term goals and objectives; develop, enforce, and ensure adherence to policies and procedures; interpret, implement, and keep staff informed of current federal, state, and institutional financial aid regulations.
- Help provide motivation and feedback to ensure a productive work team; promote goal setting, team building, motivation, and training.
- Coordinates the reporting of enrollment information with Records Office staff to ensure timely and accurate transmissions of data to the National Student Loan Data System.
- Responsible for Federal Work Study Job placement, student contracts, budgeting, and maintenance of the on-line application process.
- Counsel students with unusual circumstances; provide guidance on attaining funds through numerous financial sources and exercise professional judgment when warranted.
- Serves as an educational resource to prospective and returning students, and parents, helping them navigate and understand the financial aid process.
- Assist students, parents, and university community in the understanding of Financial Assistance.
- Administer Pell Grant awards, which involves weekly disbursements, reconciliation of POP & MRR’s, and monthly reconciliation to COD.
- Charged with reconciling other Title IV aid programs and roster-based institutional scholarship programs.
- Aids in the Return of Title IV funds for students who officially and unofficially withdraw.
- Raise awareness of scholarships and alternative funding sources to reduce student loan debt.
- Monitor academic progress and authorize renewal of financial assistance.
- Provide office administration in the absence of the Director.
- Serve on university and industry committees as requested.
- Record Financial Aid Committee minutes.
- Perform other duties deemed necessary by the Director of Financial Services.
- Director of Financial Services
The Associate Director of Financial Services is directly accountable to the Director of Financial Services for the proper interpretation and fulfillment of his/her function, general responsibilities and related authority, and relationships.
- Financial Aid Committee
The Associate Director of Financial Services will serve as an active member of the Financial Aid Committee, assisting with the preparation of meeting materials and recording the minutes of each meeting.
- Other Administrators and Departments
The Associate Director of Financial Services will maintain a professional relationship with each college administrator and department, especially Admissions, Business Office, and Records, providing and receiving complete and accurate information necessary for the accomplishment of the college mission and office responsibilities.
- Office Staff
The Associate Director of Financial Services will maintain a professional relationship with office staff and will assume ultimate supervisory responsibility for the Financial Services staff in the absence of the Director of Financial Services.
IV. Performance Measurement Criteria
The Director of Financial Services shall conduct an annual performance review. This review will include an assessment of the performance of all tasks related to the position, an analysis of the Associate Director’s strengths and weaknesses based on a review of the job description and recent performance, and proposed personal and professional development.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in higher education, ideally at a private university.
- Preference toward work experience in a financial aid office, specifically engaged in enrollment reporting, Return of Title IV Funds, and program administration.
- Commitment to customer service, with a successful track record of working with diverse student populations in a positive manner.
- Goal directed, self-starter, exhibiting a strong work ethic.
- Strong conceptual, logical, and problem-solving abilities.
- Organized, more than capable of setting priorities and managing multiple responsibilities.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Adept with technology, demonstrating beyond basic knowledge with MSExcel and MSAccess for the purposes of preparing workbook reports and querying databases.
- Desire an individual with knowledge of the CAMSe student information system.
- Successful candidate will be a committed follower of Jesus Christ and a participant in a local church.
This position is an exempt, salaried position, carrying all benefits outlined in the university’s Personnel Handbook (life, dental & health insurance, annuity, vacation, college tuition remission, etc.).
To inquire and/or apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, résumé, a statement of Christian Faith, and the contact information for three professional references. These materials should be submitted via e-mail to Mr. Zach Greenlee, Director of Financial Services, at Zach.Greenlee@mobap.edu – – Subject: Associate Director Position.