In the next 20 years, MBU will transform its 68-acre West St. Louis County campus into an environment that enriches world-class learning and is recognized as the pinnacle of collegiate campuses in the Midwest. Our 20-year site plan gives increased attention to creating an aesthetically pleasing campus while maximizing functionality through:
- Added academic facilities
- Urban residential communities
- Faculty offices
- Athletic fields and recreational areas
- Interconnected walking plazas, water features, green space and facades that provide the framework for a cohesive campus community.
- Relocating roadways and parking to the University’s perimeter to more efficiently channel central pedestrian flow while promoting increased community activity at the center of campus.
- Establishing distinctive entries to campus and constructing a prominent welcome center that engages prospective students, alumni and various other University constituents.
These enhancements will model distinction in the landscape of collegiate campus design.
(Blue coded buildings indicate future progress as described in the 20-year site plan.)
1. Pillsbury Chapel and Dale Williams Fine Arts Center
2. Thomas and Virginia Field Academic Hall
3. Adjoining Atrium
4. Jung-Kellogg Library
5. MBU Administration Building
6. The Perk Coffeehouse
7. Welcome Center and Academic Building
8. Carl and Deloris Petty Sports and Recreation Complex
9. W.L. Muncy, Jr. Gymnasium
10. Spartan Village
11. Pillsbury-Huff Hall
12. North Hall
13. MBU Student Life Center
14. MBU Waterway and Boardwalk
16. MBU Pinnacle Landmark
17. Spartan Welcome Plaza