The Academic Success Center is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant for Tutoring Services. Duties would be as follows:
- Sit at the front desk and professionally answer calls to the main ASC line. Assess the callers’ needs and transfer calls to appropriate offices and personnel. Responsibilities include returning voice messages in a timely manner.
- Greet all visitors to the Academic Success Center with a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Schedule appointments for students using the Testing Services calendar, the Tutoring Services calendar, the Writing Lab calendar, the Study Skills calendar, and the ASC Director’s calendar.
- Work with the ASC Director and department chairs to identify tutoring needs and then coordinate the hiring and training of student tutors.
- Plan monthly Tutoring Services meetings to provide ongoing training and development for student tutors.
- Supervise student tutors and provide feedback on their progress each semester.
- Manage the Tutoring Services schedule each semester and ensure that current information is available on the website.
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data tracking the continued development of the Writing Lab and report this to the Director of the ASC each semester.
- Become knowledgeable about the various learning styles in order to educate student tutors.
- Tutor as needed in subjects in which he/she has demonstrated high competency.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of the ASC.
Qualified candidates will have previous experience in an administrative assistant or teaching role. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Please send electronic copies of your resume, cover letter and Statement of Christian Faith to: